The Information Channeled Readings, LLC Collects
- User Provided Information: You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name and email address) to Channeled Readings, LLC when choosing to participate in various activities on the Channeled Readings, LLC Sites such as posting messages in our forums, entering contests or sweepstakes, taking advantage of promotions, responding to surveys, or subscribing to the Channeled Readings, LLC, or other mailing lists.
- Cookies Information: When you visit the Channeled Readings, LLC Sites, we may send one or more cookies – a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. Channeled Readings, LLC uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Channeled Readings, LLC Sites may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log File Information: When you use the Channeled Readings, LLC Sites, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Clear GIFs Information: When you use the Channeled Readings, LLC Sites, we may employ “clear GIFs” (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
The Way Channeled Readings, LLC Uses Information
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the Channeled Readings, LLC Sites, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Channeled Readings, LLC Sites.
- Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your public profile page, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you send messages through the Channeled Readings, LLC Sites and other Users can contact you through messages and comments. Any content that you submit to the Channeled Readings, LLC Sites may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major Channeled Readings, LLC Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Channeled Readings, LLC Sites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
When Channeled Readings, LLC Discloses Information
- We do not share your personally identifiable information (such as name or email address) with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
- We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Channeled Readings, LLC Sites.
- We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
Your Choices About Privacy
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
Channeled Readings, LLC does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. However, please note that if an advertiser asks Channeled Readings, LLC to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, men ages 18-34) or audience segment (for example, men ages 18-24 who have viewed certain channels of content) and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of the Channeled Readings, LLC Sites, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
Our Commitment To Data Security
Channeled Readings, LLC uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Channeled Readings, LLC and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Channeled Readings, LLC makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If Channeled Readings, LLC learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Channeled Readings, LLC may post a notice on the Channeled Readings, LLC Sites if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) Contact Us.
Our Commitment To Childrens’ Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Channeled Readings, LLC does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information on the Channeled Readings, LLC Sites from persons under 18 years of age, and no part of our website is directed to persons under 18. If you are under 18 years of age, then please do not use or access the Channeled Readings, LLC Sites at any time or in any manner. If Channeled Readings, LLC learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 18 years of age has been collected on the Channeled Readings, LLC Sites without verified parental consent, then Channeled Readings, LLC will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Special Note to International Users
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that Channeled Readings, LLC is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.